Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Another Year Behind Me

Instead of doing a post that requires creativity and thoughtfulness, I've decided to make a simple list. A list of the things I felt I needed to blog about throughout the last year.

We'll start with the most obvious:
  • Charlotte Jane joined our family on January 4. What a way to start a new year! You can read about it here and here.
  • I went back to work as a part time employee. It took some major getting used to, but I'm loving it now. If you want, you can read about that transition here.
  • Maybe not so notable, but slightly funny. We learned that doing regular things can turn into a big stinky adventure when you have a kiddo. Why shopping online is just easier sometimes.
  • And only because people liked it the first time around, Marcus' "guest" blog.
  • Little Charlotte is 6 months!! 
  • Charlotte is Baptized! That was a great day for sure.
  • My blog turned 1. Not that big of a deal, but if you like recap posts, this one is for you.
  • We went on the trip of a lifetime in September when we traveled to Italy. Here's that post.
I didn't blog about these things, but believe it or not, they still happened.
  • A few of my neighbors and I formed a team and participated in the Grand Rapids Mud Run, and I lived to tell - sort of. I didn't "tell" much about it. So now you know.
  • Marcus and I celebrated 5 years of marriage! That's a whole hand for most people!
  • We enjoyed our first Christmas as a family of three and now have excessive amounts of toddler toys.
2011 was a big blurry year but it feels good to look back and know we made it through unscathed.

The plan for 2012? We'd like to get more organized. I'd like to get back into great shape. I want to enjoy all of the sweet moments of having an only child because...who knows what other adventures 2012 will bring. :)

Happy New Year, everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment