Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Time I Said What I Was Thinking

I know. You're probably thinking, "wait, sometimes you keep things inside your head?!"
It's true. Sometimes I do. In fact, I do a lot. But there's a TON in my head. Like, if I always said what I was thinking, it would be a constant stream of chatter. You're probably thinking, "wait, it's always a constant stream of chatter..." and you might be right.

sigh

Anyway, as I was saying...

There was a time recently where I just said it. Right out loud to a stranger. And it felt real nice.

Let's start with the basics.
Characters: My mom, Charlotte, and me. You could also call us the heroines, the protagonists, or pretty much the nicest people ever.
Then we have the 2 other hags.
Setting: The mall (I know, right?!) after Christmas
Plot: Mom and I are entering the mall. We rush in from the cold parking lot and my mom is holding Charlotte, and I'm pushing the stroller so we can click her in in the warmth that only a mall could offer post-holiday. As we enter, we use two doors for maximum efficiency. Trouble ensues when the hags enter the scene.
Conflict: Hags approach from opposite direction, coming towards the same two doors that we are using to enter. Our arms are full! I'm trying to steer a stroller one handed (I don't have the fancy kind that work this way) and instead of opening the doors for us in the true holiday spirit, they give a dirty look, move two doors down and the short one grumbles, "Geeeeeze, they're taking up TWO doors... <hack hack sluurrrp ogre munching sounds>"

And I turn, and I say, "Heaven forbid you help someone!!!!"

Yeah.
I really told her.

I don't think she heard me, but sometimes that's not the point. It's the thought that counts, and I had big mean thought and I said it right out loud.
BOOM.

Oh, and Theme: The general theme of this story is based on anger and frustration. There is no hidden message or even a moral.

Perhaps, just maybe, this story was hyped up a little more than it should have been. But that's all part of story telling, now isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment