Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What's New...

I've started more blog posts in the last week or so, but never finished them. I had one with the details of Charlotte's birthday party, one with another random update, but I find I'm so bored with myself, there's no way that anyone would really care to read the goings-on.

So yeah, Charlotte's party was fun! I made punch that was supposed to be this beautiful sparkly clear blue to match her winter themed party. But when I was looking at the recipe, I combined it with another recipe without thinking. So when I went to go get my groceries, I just bought what was my on my list. I made two separate mixtures as the recipe suggested. One was a dark clear blue. One was orange.
"Hmmm" I thought. "If I remember correctly, orange and blue do not make blue." I mean, I went to D-K because I wasn't advanced enough for regular kindergarten. It was supposedly because I couldn't hop on one foot, but I learned a lot of other reasons why I was in "developmental kindergarten". I couldn't fold, I couldn't cut, I couldn't color and I couldn't decipher the difference between skipping and galloping. BUT, I  always knew my primary colors. I learned a lot from Reading Rainbow - but you don't have to take my word for it...

So back to the punch. I mixed the two together thinking that maybe some sort of miracle would occur and that orange and blue would suddenly still make blue..but nope. I got a thick, creamy, swamp green.
What a dodo.

I'm still sweeping up glitter in my dining room from all of my tacky decor. But I sort of feel like when you're cleaning and you sweep up glitter, it's quite certain that a good time was had.

In other news, I was notified recently that I'm going to be "temporarily" transferred to another branch at work. I'm not so certain how temporary it is, and I am stressed out about it. It's not ideal, but whatever. I have to be a team player. I'm working on it.

Okay. Sorry about the ridiculous post, but I felt as though I needed to check in.
More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment