Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Baby Shower Games and The Cold Hard Truth

Have you ever played the baby poop game at a baby shower? You know the one, melted chocolate bars in diapers get passed around while unsuspecting shower guests smell them, examine them, and either make silent promises to themselves that they will never have children or proclaim "I wish baby poop was this yummy!" and then discuss the cold hard truth about their precious angel's dookie.

#1 really should see a doctor.

As much as I'd love to deny it, parenting a newborn involves a lot of poop. I could pretend that I don't think about it, but when you're changing a poopy diaper every 3 hours there's no avoiding it. So then of course, when it starts to look different, I try to play it cool and be all "that shit is normal." (But I don't refer to my baby's waste as such. The dog's? Yes. Very shit. Baby's? sweet little angel poopies.) (yeah, I'm blogging about poop.) 
But in reality, if a few days go by and said poopy is still not normal, I take to the interwebs to diagnose my baby! She doesn't even need health insurance. I got this. Don't worry baby, mommy has the internet, your measles should go away real soon. 
But yeah. Poop. A normal baby poop (from a breastfed baby) is yellow. Lena's is green. And it got greener and greener for a few days. It's from a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance/over supply, but don't worry everyone. I've got it under control. Don't lose sleep!

But googling it was pretty awesome!


love those descriptions! 

So whether I like it or not, my life is consumed by what's in my baby's diaper (and sometimes what makes it's way up her back.)
yum!

What's for dinner tonight?


3 comments:

  1. This reminds me, I should probably get some baby diapers. Man, I'm so ready for this kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you could always use maxi pads. by the way, you'll need some of those too. :)

      Delete
    2. OMG the maxi pads! You had to bring that up! That had to be the grossest thing :(. A close second was cleaning c-sec area and replacing the gauze. Ewwwwwwwwwwww. I think I'm going to put off this 2nd kid thing again....

      Delete