Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Interpret This.

I've always been a big dreamer. Not like a goals and aspirations dreamer, but like a "oh crap I'm driving my car onto a roller coster!!" dreamer.
When I was pregnant with Charlotte I thought I would have the craziest dreams just knowing what's normal for me, but as it turned out, I barely had any that I remembered. I never once dreamt about a baby or being pregnant.
However, this time around, I've been having nutso dreams. Big, detailed dreams that I remember specifics of when I wake up. Dreams that stick with me for days. Some are funny, some are, er...hot..., some are just odd.
It's no surprise that I dreamed what I did this week, considering my job status change, but it was weird, nevertheless.
In my dream, I started a job at Arby's. (I worked there in real life when I was 16 for a summer.)
I wasn't embarrassed about it or anything, especially since they had amazing incentives. Hello Beef and Cheddars! What! There were all these tests one would have to pass to work there, and I was passing with flying colors. I was going to be the best employee Arby's had ever seen! I loved everything about it, except for those teens I had to work with. They didn't give a shit about food quality and were terrible at presentation! I was all "Would YOU eat this??" and they were all "You're old. why do you work here?"

Then. THEN! My dream last night really stuck with me. It occurred after 6am this morning and I think that's why it haunted me all day. I dreamt that I had the new baby and after a few weeks, I forgot her name. I simply could not remember what I named my second born daughter. We were on some family outing and when I was really stressed about it, NO ONE would tell me what I named her. Apparently it was a super awful name, and they all felt that if they kept it from me, I would give her a new name. I thought there was no way I would have given her a terrible name, and that everyone must be mistaken. I asked everyone I knew, and I even went back to previous blog posts certain that I must have mentioned her name somewhere. I only referred to her as "i". A lowercase italics "I" was the name I used on my blog. So I racked my brain trying to think of what names that start with "I" that I would have named her. I came up with nothing! Marcus finally told me the name I chose. He explained that I chose it while I was very loopy from the drugs at the hospital.
The name was "Hiya."
I was humiliated! Why would I choose that name? I couldn't believe that no one told me it wasn't a good idea. I don't know why I forgot it in the first place.
When I finally woke up, I grabbed my belly and literally breathed a sigh of relief. There is still a little hope left for this unborn child.
WTF, self?

I need to do less baby name finding online and more watching Justin Bieber singing Carly Rae Jepson's song before bed because then I have awesome dreams about becoming besties with Justin and Selena.

Feel free to interpret this for me.


oh...and sweet dreams!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't even figure out my own dreams, let alone someone else's dreams. :)

    ReplyDelete