Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Food Blog

Ok. It's not ready yet, but I am working on it. I have a few unpublished posts and a terrible layout. It's just embarrassing.
I will say that weight watchers is going awesome. I've been cooking SO much more and I really enjoy it.
Going to the meetings is probably the biggest help though. If you've ever tried weight watchers on your own and "failed" (whatever your definition might be) meetings are key! Weighing in each week and getting some tips and ideas to prepare you for the next week is what keeps me motivated. I've lost nearly 8 lbs in just under a month! If I could lose another 5-8, I'd be thrilled, and that seems like nothing when I really think about it. I feel so proud of myself (for once). I can't really tell a difference yet, but in the next few weeks, I feel like maybe I could wear a couple of things that have been hanging out in my closet for nearly 2 years.

Another change we've made over here in the last several weeks is that we're eating "clean". I found a blog called 100 Days of Real Food, and I've become pretty excited about it. I can't say we've completely jumped in, but I can count on one hand the times I've had something out of a bag, box, or can (besides tomatoes and beans) in the last month. That's less than 5 times or way less if you have fewer fingers! But I have 5.
I didn't think I could do it. But it's sort of come easy!

After talking with our friends in Italy, we realized one of the major differences with food here vs there, is that everything here is so convenient, but so over processed. It's not how many calories or even the portion (well, obviously some portions are too large) size, but it's what's in our food that can be so disgusting. I really do not want to eat things that I cannot pronounce. And I'm really good at sounding out new words. I want to eat real food and I want to live a long and healthy life.

I'll save my spiel for my actual food blog...whenever she's ready. But I just wanted to share that it works! And we've eaten better and more delicious food than we have in months!

Anyone else make the committment to eating clean, or what steps have you taken in the right direction?

5 comments:

  1. I've been following the 17Day Diet for the last few months and lost 27 lbs - though I haven't been as diligent in these last crazy school weeks... hoping to get back on the proverbial wagon soon. There are a lot of things in there about eating real food. When I was really into it, I hadn't had sugar in ages and felt awesome. Plus green tea - it's awesome. I just bought a water machine to keep in my classroom so I have ready access to hot and cold water. I gave up pop almost 2 years ago. At one time, I had looked into going 'paleo' - eating like a caveman. ummm not totally for me. Good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cally, that's awesome! I've been doing green tea every day too. I'm waiting to feel this amazing difference with my new habits, but so far nothing...maybe a couple more weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the 8 lbs! I can't wait to see the blog - I'm always on the lookout for new recipes. I went on my own weight loss journey for most of 2011 and variety is so important! (as is a piece of pizza and a beer once in a while!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Emily! And yes...beer and pizza have already found their plaace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 8lbs I am so jealous. You go girl!!!!! I always say we make an effort over here to mostly eat things that occur in nature. We have a long way to go but it is something I strive for. On the otherhand I try hard not to get to crazy and enjoy food....... unfortunately there has been too much enjoying latly :)

    ReplyDelete