Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Trick Or Treat!

This year Halloween is fun because Charlotte is old enough to sort of understand what's going on. Last year I dressed her up, but she just sat there. I wanted to be sure that she wouldn't get freaked out by the costumes and that she'd wear one herself, so I did a little prep beforehand and showed her pictures online. She seemed to get excited about a Minnie Mouse costume and recognized it as that, so that is what she was!

Pumpkins= "Das" in Charlotte-speak

She absolutely loved wearing her costume, so I took a couple of opportunities to let her wear it. We went to a greenhouse that in the off season does things like hay rides and has bounce houses. We've never done anything like that before and I find myself oddly wondering how many times she's peed her pants out of excitement during the activities.

I'd shove a princess if she bounces in my bounce bubble


Wizardry is one of my many talents

Today when it was actually Halloween, she was just happy to put her costume back on. She's taken to calling the ears "Oh Toodles" because they look like Toodles from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She starts squealing OH TOODLES and no one know what the crap she's saying, but I do, and trying to explain it is sort of a waste of time.
I brought her to my old work to trick or treat inside during the day today since the weather was going to be crappy. Once she realized all she had to do was look at people and get candy, she decided that dressing up as Minnie Mouse was the best thing that ever happened to her.

One of my old co-workers happened to be wearing mouse ears, so I got to borrow them!

And even though the weather was miserable, I took her to a few houses in the neighborhood, and even though she was freezing, she had THE BEST TIME OF HER LIFE. She was shouting and pointing and cracking up at all of the kids. She was pretty mad when it was time to call it quits, but her hands were icy cold, her hair was wet, and she needed to have dinner. 

Times are certainly different than the days of this:




Can you guess what my husband is? Here's a hint: he's dressed as a communist. 

But it is so much fun seeing your child having the time of their life. It's priceless, really.

Oh, and don't forget about my little kitty cat!
give me candy, meow!


What do you think is more fun? Dressing yourself up and partying, or dressing up your kid and watching them have the time of their life?










2 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of dressing up, but when people give me wine if I'm in costume...well, I'm kind of all over it!

    ReplyDelete