Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Time When I Went Shopping With My Husband

Marcus and I took a little trip to Chicago this weekend! We were invited to a friend's baby shower on Sunday, so we thought we'd make the most of the weekend and get away just the two of us.
We met up with friends, played cards, ate way way way too much, but best of all, I got him to go shopping with me. I'm being serious.
It ended up being a lot of fun. Mostly, funny. Marcus does 99% of his clothing shopping online. He basically knows what size he wears and hopes for the best once it arrives. We were at H&M and both found some things to try on. Mine happened to be regular priced maternity items, and his were super clearanced  hipster pants. We both crammed into one fitting room and I knew this was going to be funny. I made a comment about  it being like a Hinder song being in the dressing room, but he wasn't sure what I was talking about.
He had no idea what to do with the clothes once he was done. "Do I hang them back up? Where do I put them? That shirt is $24?!"

We both had success, and continued over to Top Shop for even more ridiculousness. The racks were filled with crop tops and hot pants - neither of which are things that I could make work for me. We headed up to TopMan for Marcus and he couldn't help but point out every item that he has seen at Goodwill and announcing that it should be $1 and not $65. There's something funny about seeing a dude shopping and saying out loud "this should be a dollar. i'm not joking. I would pay one dollar for that."

We made our way to a Starbucks and it took way too long to find considering it's a Starbucks in Chicago, but we chilled for a bit and planned our dinner. We were still so full from having dip dish pizza at lunch, we waited about 8 hours before eating dinner and we still weren't hungry. So we had a popcorn appetizer and called it a night.

It was a really nice trip overall. We picked up a little souvenir from The Disney Store (a little minnie mouse) for Charlotte and I felt so oddly sentimental about it. It was the first time we got her a toy while we were away and I feel like she's old enough to make the connection between her Minnie Mouse and the Minnie Mouse she sees on TV. And I don't know...I can't put my finger on it anymore, but I just felt all sappy about it and even got teary while in line. I think I just really missed her. We saw a lot of children there and I think it would be fun to bring my little girl some place soon.

Anyway, that's all for now.
Oh, by the way, Charlotte loved her Minnie. She hugged it immediately and fell asleep with it tonight. My heart has broken into a million little pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment