Wednesday, February 8, 2012

It's Been a While!

Life lately has been sorta busy. Okay, not that busy, but I just haven't kept up on the blog.

Charlotte has started walking and it's absolutely awesome. She's so stinkin sweet (in my humble opinion).
The only real difference so far is the likelihood of falling, but there have been no injuries so far. She manages to have a look on her face that says "don't throw that at me!!" even though I'm not holding anything. She's always prepared to make a crash landing.

Marcus and I went to Las Vegas about a week ago for a long weekend. His brother and his wife joined us in the fun, and boy, was it fun! (I never know to say: my brother in law and sister in law, or marcus' brother and sister in law or what. i could say my brother and sister in law, but that isn't exactly the relation...whatever - they're close family.) We stayed at THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay for the 3rd time. We really like it there, but decided for future trips it's time to check out some place new! We just get so many good email offers it's hard to pay 3x as much some where else.
Anyway, the food just about everywhere is the best quality and absolutely delicious. You end up paying a premium for drinks most places, but there are lots of happy hours with half off stuff! We met up with a friend of my brother in law who works for a club in Vegas, and that was an adventure in itself. Ha! He took us to a club where we had our own table with bottle service. The Vegas club scene is serious business, folks. There is no joking around, you must either be looking hot or attempting to look hot the entire time. That's exhausting. I was wearing a short strapless dress and still managed to look like a grandma compared to some of these girls. An amazing grandma, maybe. :)

We were more than ready to come back home to our sweet little nugget of a child and get back to work.
A few days before we left for our trip, my old boss contacted me to see if I would be interested in working there again. I used to do massage therapy, but over time it got to be very wearing on the ol' joints. So about 3 years ago, I left that job for a complete career change. I grew to really like the job I have now, but thought maybe doing a couple days of massage would be great!  I would work two afternoons a week. The stars aligned and everything seemed ideal. I had childcare all lined up for the additional 8 hours a week. So I agreed to it! The day after we returned from our trip, I went in to my old work place, and it felt great. But as soon as I started working, I could feel the pain in my wrists immediately, but I completed my afternoon.
And that weekend, I was looking ahead on my calendar, and discovered not only did I need to find child care for the last two weeks of February for my current 20 hr a week job, but now I had to find someone for the extra 8 hours I just took on. I had a handful of people who could help out an hour here and there, but many of them are several miles away. It started to fall apart. Everything that lined up so perfectly was pulling apart and it was a struggle to make it work. So I had to let them know it wasn't go to work. It was so quick, and I felt super flaky. This isn't something I normally do, but at the same time it's what I needed to do.

So that's life right now. I'm starting to feel more settled with my decision, and life shall resume as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment