Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Insanity Update!

So I'm over a week into the Insanity program.
And since there is no point in lying, I will just tell you that I do not do it 6 days a week.
I've been able to do it 4 or 5 times in a week, which I feel is still pretty good.
I follow the nutrition plan for the most part as well. I have a LOT of work to do still, but I'm happy I've at least made steps in the right direction.

I had Marcus take "before" pictures of me and I really am not a fan of documenting my pudge in photo form. It's one thing to be fully clothed and working with what you've got, it's another to be quite vulnerable in too-tight shorts (because that's what I own!) and a sports bra facing the camera. Do I smile? Do I frown because it's a "before"? Do I wink to see if I still got game even with pudge? I went with "sheepish smirk". I'm already looking forward to the "after" photos, although I'm guessing it's going to be more than 60 days.

The good news: I've lost just over 2 lbs. whooop!

For those of you who are curious about the workout, it's totally doable. Some of the moves are really tough and I try not to do a modified version. It's better to do 1 or 2 of the real move in 30 seconds than to crank out 15-20 of a modified version. So it's definitely a challenge, but I feel really good about myself when I complete a workout! I get annoyed with a couple of the people on the dvds that they keep zooming in on because I'm pretty sure they're acting. I mean, it's tough. Don't get me wrong. But there's one chick who seriously looks like she's in labor during the warm up. Come on, chick...you're in incredible shape. Knock it off. (I just found that there are facebook pages making fun of her! That's not nice...but it is sort of funny!!)

But it's fun, and it's not completely time consuming. I can usually do it during Charlotte's nap, or even when she's awake...she finds me very entertaning! Unfortunately, she's going through a phase (again! acccccck!) where she's been taking 45 minute naps again. So it's hard to get much done during her catnap.
I'd love it if you'd join me in going insane!

No comments:

Post a Comment