Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Hello, Sunshine!

I am so looking forward to vacation!
I leave for Florida on monday and the forecast couldn't look any better. I am surprisingly not all that nervous to travel or vacation with our little baby, which is strange, because I always used to have the worst pre travel anxiety. My priorities must have changed a bit or something, but I like it.
It's not going to be the vacation that I've been used to, doing things on my own time and sleeping in and having x amount of cocktails in the middle of the day. That's okay though, it's our first family vacation and Charlotte has been doing really well the past couple of weeks. I think she'll love florida, and we'll have to go at least once a year to keep her happy. :)

In other news, work has been going well. I don't mind at all getting back to the real world, although I secretly wonder why people don't want to listen to me about my baby all day. At the same time, I get really annoyed at the people who never spoke to me at work before and now they only talk to me about dumb baby things. Such as, "Oh, I like your earrings, I bet Charlotte likes them too."
I have such a hard time not being a smartass in response, but smartass comes out of my pores and there's nothing I can do about it. So I stifle it the best I can and reply "I don't think she really has an opinion yet..."
Or there's a woman who never had anything to say to me before, and now she only refers to me as "Charlotte's Mother/Mom/Mommy". As though it's my name. As in "Hello Charlotte's Mother."
She's never even met the baby! What the What?! I apparently no longer have an identity.

Oh, and good news! I won a fabulous copy of Oprah's coffee table book for my vlog! It was either very random, or a pity win, because I certainly don't deserve it! Maybe I'll get good at it and magically become interesting and I'll deserve a win! :)

I've had a couple people ask about blog "following". If you have gmail, you can click on the right side of the blog where it shows followers, and when you go to blogger.com you'll get the updates. There may be other ways to subscribe as well, but that's the one way I know how.
I might take a bloggy break while I'm on vacation, but if something real good happens, I might have to let y'all know. :)

Have a happy week!

1 comment:

  1. That is seriously funny... I will be sure to refer to you as "Charlottes Mommy & Daddy," the whole time you are here ;) Cute picture of your sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete