Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

plugging along

Not too much has changed in the last few weeks. I suppose that's why I haven't posted anything in a litle while.

I've discovered that I've been having lots of braxton hicks contractions, or "practice contractions" as my dr. called them. For the most part, they don't bother me, but if I have a particularly busy day, they can cause a lot of discomfort. Yesterday was a pretty rough day, but after 10 hours (yes 10!) of sleep, I'm feeling quite a bit better today.

I've had big plans to get the baby room painted, but it is sometimes hard to find the time to get it prepped. I keep telling myself it's better to do it now, because I'm not gaining energy at this point. Had I really understood that, I would have gotten this started 6 weeks ago. We do have the paint and supplies, so now we just need to do it already!! I am SO excited to have it start coming together.

I am loving the fall weather! I was getting sick of grill-food. I do love me some comfort food! For whatever reason, I get the itch to start baking (which is not necessarily a talent) and making soup, chili, and big pasta meals! No wonder I always pack on a few extra lbs in the fall. At least now I'm supposed to be gaining weight....ha, no problem!
Oh, and I also started my sewing class! Oh my stars. We've had two classes. My neighbor and I go together, and the first class started at 6:30. We got there at 6:30. Everyone was running their machine already. We looked at eachother like, "huh??" Our teacher does not
teach anything! She basically tells us to do something, is sort of surprised when we don't know how to do it, so then she does it for us. This is an adult beginner class. I am not sure what she was expecting. I did successfully complete a pin cushion in the first class, and a very cute tote bag in the second class. However, I am not sure I could repeat it, considering I had a lot of help along the way.
It was during my second class where I realized I do have a hobby! I love to cook! The one problem with this is that while I enjoy doing it, I have all kinds of food as a result. That presents a problem because no household of two should have that much food. I'm going to have to start a little store. :)
I'm not going to give up on sewing. Maybe once I get the hang of it, I'll feel a little better about it.

This is all that's new for now. Not all that interesting. I think I'll take a nap. :)
Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment