Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Time I Had Another Baby

Hi!
Guess what? I had another baby!
I'm guessing most of you know this already because of real life, or facebook life.

The last time I sat down to blog was last Thursday. I was basically whining about how I was still pregnant, even though I still had 13 days to go.

Since I am sort of tired, I'll just keep it short.

Eleanor Ruth arrived on Saturday, September 15 at 6:52am. We call her Lena, and she's the bomb!
She was 11 days early (same as Charlotte) and 8 lbs 1oz, 20 in long! I grow em big!
I should also mention it was a successful VBAC. That, my friends, is the way to go. There was about 2 hours where I majorly regretted not scheduling a c-section because of the craziest amount of pain I've ever experienced in my life during labor, but I persevered and am SO glad I did.
The nicest little baby ever.

I'll be sure to update soon with the story and about life in general.
Just wanted to share the exciting news!

7 comments:

  1. I love that Lena already has some sweet bitch face going on. Your house is going to be full of a lot of sass haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The outside world is a scary place, she's not so sure she likes it yet. Those bed sheets aren't nearly as snuggly as a placenta.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the baby and on the successful VBAC! I can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me want to do a VBAC but I'm so scared too now bc I am comfortable w the c section?! Ive thought about it briefly but then scheduled a section anyway :/ not sure I made the right decision... Lena is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can change your mind, but not if you go to Metro. There's pros and cons to both (waiting for labor, vs scheduled, or long recovery vs feeling great) Don't be scared!

      Delete
  4. Congrats! She is a beauty! I agree that avoiding the c-section is the way to go! My deliveries are night and day difference, especially with the recovery. Hope all is going well and you guys are settling into life as a family of four well :-)

    ReplyDelete