Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wagon Talk

Remember all that wagon talk from a couple of weeks ago? Well, I joined Weight Watchers. My mom and I have been going for almost two weeks now, and it's going pretty well.
I've done it in the past (about 4 years ago) and was successful. I always figured I could just do it on my own, but it never works for me. It's the accountability that I need. Knowing that I have to weigh in each week is huge motivation. My mom and I exchange delicious and healthy recipes and it's actually pretty fun to plan a meal. I do love to cook, and it's odd because I find I cook the "best" food while I'm watching my pudge.
My jeans are already fitting a little bit better and with my 10 year class reunion coming up, that's even more motivation.
My goal is to lose about 15 lbs. That would put me a bit lighter than I was before being pregnant, but I was working out like crazy then and was made of muscle. It's nuts to me that when I went back to work in April, I was smaller than I am now. Breastfeeding was good to me...stopping was not.  But no more excuses!!
Last time I did weight watchers, I had a little food blog that had about 4 views and 3 posts, but I am considering trying it out again and sharing my scale-friendly recipes. Would you check it out?

In other news, Charlotte is still giving me naptime grief, but does great for her grandmas. Whaa? Today she did go to sleep without a peep though, so hopefully we're getting over that stage. Sometimes I feel like she's not a little baby anymore. She's definitely not a toddler to me either, but she's like a baby tween. A boddler, maybe. I might have to come up with another tag other than sweet little munchkin baby. Maybe after her 1st birthday, I'll categorize it differently. I love how much fun she is lately, but when I hear and see news of friends becoming pregnant or delivering their baby...I get all misty and miss those newborn days ( a little ).
But no, it's not time for another one around these parts. Nosiree. I've been saying it out loud a little more often these days just to really reinforce it. For now. Baby fever is a virus that doesn't go away. My immunity is high at the moment. But as time goes by, I may get weaker. Oh! Perfect timing! Charlotte is shouting in her crib. Naptime over! Can't talk about little newborns! Gotta go! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes, the urge comes back SO QUICKLY, doesn't it? Good girl, Charlotte...for shouting from your crib and for giving poor mama just enough [naptime woes] to make her keep saying nosiree...for now..
    ;)

    ReplyDelete