Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

daydreaming myself (insert awesome personality trait here)

Have you seen Target's "You totally wear hats" commercial?
If not, please watch:



I think that Target really knew what they were doing when they made it. I can't possibly be the only person who visualizes an entire sequence of events occuring based on a purchase or a new skill learned. I recently signed up (finally!!) for a sewing class. I have seen some pretty cool looking doodads and whatchamacallits that people have crafted with their sweet sewing skills. So naturally, I envisioned myself becoming a skilled artist sewing up the cutest and most clever creations. People will ask me, "where on earth did you get that darling satchel?!" and "OMG! That hand made custom jungle inspired leotard makes you look so fit!!" (ha! kidding.)

I try not to let my realistic and practical inner voice have too much of a say in the matter. You know what the voice says? "Hey Emily, do I need to remind you that you can barely fold a piece of paper symmetrically?"
No, voice, you don't need to remind me. I already know. Seriously. I am a terrible folder.

I have a couple of projects in mind that I'll attempt, but I think I'll keep them to myself until I succeed....or comically fail. In either case, I'm sure I'll share it.

Anyway, I'm off to buy a hat. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment